The University of St Andrews, Scotland (2018)
We were honored to partner with the historic University of St Andrews in Scotland as our institutional partners for the 2018 RMLE Unconference. For more information about their beautiful campus and innovative educational programs, see their website at: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/
The QIC submissions for this year’s event were varied terms of topics, rich in terms of content, and exciting in terms of their dynamic and complex intersections with each other. As a result, the initial discussion group clusters we had for our first session included:
• Group “Fortingall Yew” – The complex intersections between reflection, disclosure, emotion and learning
• Group “The Unicorn” – The intricacies and relationships between technology & teaching and learning
• Group “The Pedal Bicycle” – Innovations in teaching and learning: Moving beyond boxes
• Group “Swilcan Bridge” – Examining the tools and frames we use to design and assess
• Group “Sir Thomas Sean Connery” – Examining our models and lenses: Reflexivity, threshold concepts, development, and cultural considerations
• Group “Alexander Fleming” – Teams and Teamwork
• Group “William Wallace” – Corporate social responsibility and ethics: When theory and reality collide
• Group “Alexander Graham Bell” – Expanding our mindsets: Reframing and release
It was an incredibly diverse group of engaged participants. We had 70 participant contributors coming to the 2018 RMLE Unconference from 52 universities and three independent research organisations drawn from across 15 countries on five continents. The countries represented by our contributors include Austria, Australia, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Dubai, France, Great Britian, New Zealand, Qatar, South Africa, Taiwan, Scotland, and the United States of America.
The tertiary institutions and organizations represented include the Auckland University of Technology, Beacon College, Cass Business School, Copenhagen Business School, Curtin University Dubai, Duquesne University, ESSEC Business School, Griffith University, Gustavus Adolphus College, HEC Paris, Henley Business School, Lancaster University, Menlo College, Miami University, Northumbria University, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University, QA Apprenticeships, St. John’s University, Swinburne University of Technology, The New School, The University of Liverpool, The University of Texas at El Paso, University of Bath, University College Copenhagen, University of Alaska Anchorage, University of Alberta, University of Bradford, University of Calgary, University of Canterbury, University of Chester, University of Dubrovnik, University of Dundee School of Business, University of Edinburgh, University of Glasgow, University of London, University of Maine, University of Manitoba, University of New Brunswick, University of Notre Dame, University of Nottingham, University of Nottingham at Ningbo China, University of Roehampton, University of San Francisco, University of South Alabama, University of St Andrews, University of Stellenbosch Business School, Vanderbilt University, Warwick Business School, Western New England University, York St John University, Zagreb University of Applied Sciences.
To view a copy of the 2018 RMLE Unconference Proceedings, please click here: